LOCATION: Aden & Lahej
Reporting to: EFSVL Officer
1. Accountable to the EFSVL officer for the direct implementation of Wedyan EFSVL activities, ensure traceability of all activities carried out, proper recording is required.
2. Provides support for and implements program activity plans to agreed standards, following procedures and Wedyan Code of Conduct.
3. Working in team and coordination with other EFSVL staff and with other department staff.
4. Working with community members and representatives to facilitate the program implementation and proactively achieve solutions to problems arising.
5. Carry out interviews, questionnaire, focus group discussions, key informants interviews, data collection as per plans. Data entry can be required.
6. Support field activity supervision and follow up, ensure data recording (attendance lists, meeting minutes, delivery notes, distribution lists, questionnaires, etc.);
7. Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within the operational context.
8. Work patterns are high pressure and require proper judgement about basic adjustment and urgent action on routine.
9. Makes local information accessible and usable by project management and non-specialists.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• Diploma or equivalent in a relevant discipline (preferably sociology, agriculture, microenterprise development) and /or substantial community development experience. First degree will be added advantage
• Demonstrable experience of implementing Cash Transfers, Commodity or value Vouchers, Cash for Work and/or Food Aid programmes.
• Emergency experience with an NGO essential, with proven application at field level knowledge and experience in Humanitarian and early livelihoods recovery approach.
• Knowledge and experience of gender mainstreaming and an active commitment to promoting the interests of marginalised people in all aspects of Wedyan’s work.
• Willing to work in remote communities for long periods of time.
• Hands on field experience, PRA and communication skills essential
• Good computer skills (Excel and word).
• Good spoken Local language (Arabic) is essential.
• Good written and spoken English is preferable
How to Apply:
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to have to send their CVs to email@example.com before 21 January 2019. Please mention your name and position on the uploaded CV file and on the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.